REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Monday, August 23, 2010

The REAL Life D.C. Series On Display

This series is unframed and tacked to the wall.  I would prefer to have them hanging from a laundry line, but hey you've got to work with what you've got.  My WORK... completely vulnerable to curious little fingers and uncovered sneezes.  The other artists think I am quite insane for installing them this way as I labored many hours to create these original pieces.  You see, if anyone touches them they will be smeared and altered and some say ruined.  Bah!  So I put up a sign that says: "IF YOU SMEAR YOU BUY" written on the same material as the paintings.  Then I took my pointer finger and touched my sign. Then I left my pastel finger trail (hey that sorta rhymes?) right there on the wall.  I figure it is a demonstration of what happens to the paintings when you let your fingers walk on them.  It may or may not deter people, but that is a chance I am willing to take.

1 comment: