REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Commitment To This Blog

I vow to post the progress of my work Monday through Friday until my studio contract is up on September something of 2011.  Today I worked on a few paintings.  I am an impatient painter and the paint just doesn't dry fast enough!  I just don't have time to sit around and wait as I have mom duty later in the afternoon.  That is one of the reasons I work mainly with acrylics.  The picture you see above is the basis for my first piece.  The first pic has only  one layer of paint.
The second shot has two layers and you'll notice the wind swept figures sketched into their places.  Avalon is the title.  I am recreating the memory... my cousin and I were very excited to go to the beach, but our Aunt Eileen insisted that we be photographed next to the lovely plant.  EGAD is the expression on our little faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment