REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Legend of The Rent

This just in:


I was full of poo-poo yesterday.  I failed to mention that in between writing proposals and art statements I was also sending out resumes for full time work.  People aren't buying and bills are stacking up.  That is the reality.  My work is about honesty.  It is about expression, recording history and personal narratives.  So...
I am taking my work outside of the studio.  Yep, one day a week I am going into DC to start my series called, Real Life Drawing.  I am going to bring my paint, some paintings and set up shop.  Today is a new day.  I am beginning my series in Reagan Airport.  I am flying out to IL and upon my return (Saturday) I am going to record what I see.  Standby.  ( BONUS:  this project...the gallery doesn't get to take it's usual 40 to 50% cut so I will be able to offer great prices for the pieces) SWEET.

No comments:

Post a Comment