REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Thursday, January 27, 2011

VA Commission for the Arts Conference 2011

The crumby weather yesterday didn't ki-bosh the creative connections and inspired lectures at this years Advocacy for the Arts Convention.  While attendance might have suffered a bit as a result of the dreary day, discussions of innovation, imagination and education danced in the halls. 
conference goers pause to view an artist's passion for pottery
while I played with my pastels
 (did you enjoy all the above alliteration?)
 Below is an image of the room dedicated to the Workhouse Arts Center, home to over 100 artists, which saw quite a bit of foot traffic.
Lucky for us photographer, Ed Kirkpatrick, took these photos.  I was too busy yucking it up with anyone who even glanced in my direction.  I did complete one painting in spite of all my gabbing.  I started to get another piece going and then we were cut loose early.  The storm was en-route to Northern VA and schools were closing early.  So I packed up all my gear and split.  I think it was a successful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment