REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Friday, January 7, 2011

Maddie from Philly






This little sweetie died two days after Thanksgiving.  The family was devastated, especially the children.
Maddie was an old lady and lived a long happy life. With her family at arms length, she exhaled for the final time.  Her doggie spirit made it's way to the heavens.  She was gone and the family was minus one.

 I have some experience dealing with the death of loved one.  It was very difficult for me.  My private loss became a public event.  There was the viewing, the funeral, and visit to the cemetery.
I hated the way people looked at me after hearing about my loss. I grew furious when people would say they were sorry.  I wanted to rip the face off of the people who said things like time heals all wounds.   I can both emphasize and sympathize, yet I find myself silent and in a pickle.
What do you say?  What do you do?
 
  I pray the Hail Mary.  I ask for her intercession as I rely on her grace to find peace and meaning.   When my strength returns I paint.
So I painted, Maddie from Philly,  to pay homage to a family I love so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment