REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Friday, December 10, 2010

Assignment: Two of Clubs

A representative from Art In Hand Cards (a publishing company that translates original art work by  LIVING artists into playing cards) Brilliant!  Enjoy a gallery quality art exhibit right at your fingertips.  I've been invited to create an original piece of artwork to be included in their upcoming Washington DC Project. The idea is to showcase "the wide range of extraordinary artistic talent in the DC Metro area."  Each deck of 54 - 52 playing cards and 2 jokers are standard size and will be available this spring for purchase. 
I've been assigned the 2 of clubs. 
Mary with the 2 of Clubs...
I'm considering my image to be based on the WW2 Memorial.
Why? What is the connection?  Well I think it is pretty obvious:
A. clubs can be used as a weapon
2. the number two is in the title of the war 


No comments:

Post a Comment