REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feeding Families, Nourishing Lives


Harvest for the Hungry

Delivering Healthy FRESH whole foods to our neighbors

All bellies should be full in the United States of America.  
NO EXCEPTIONS 
The number of hungry families in Northern VA is oft overlooked because of the affluent reputation of this area.  Yet, 90,000(+) of our neighbors are living in poverty and need our help.

ENTER STAGE LEFT: Food for Others
  Their mission is to obtain and distribute free food to the hungry of Northern VA and support food programs of other community-based organizations.  They also provide a channel for people to volunteer their services to help their neighbors in need.

ENTER STAGE RIGHT: MG Stout 
This November I am the featured artist of Studio 4 at the Workhouse Arts Center.  So I've decided to use my featured status to bridge the gap between my studio work and my commitment to DO GOOD.
I've created a whole new body of work celebrating the bounty of our county.  A portion of the proceeds will go directly to Food for Others. 
All month long I will be doing my best to raise awareness, funds, and food for an organization dedicated to helping our neighbors who need our support. So stay tuned or click the "followers button" at the top of the page to receive updates and positive promotions that will benefit everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment