REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Racing the Rain

The smell of a looming storm was SMELLY. (Yes. I know I could have used a more descriptive adjective, but the one I chose is funny!)  I was sketching frantically.  For I knew that my work would be ruined by the rain.  Note my determined posture and be aware that my stomach was in knots.  NOthing could be stinker for an artist than to have your materials and paintings destroyed by precipitation.


I managed to complete two works and opted to pack up and take photographs instead.  I intend to work from the photographs in my studio.  However, I will be back net Friday evening(weather permitting) because the energy of the capital is intoxicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment