REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lake Braddock Gobin Gallop & Food Drive

Let us pretend for a moment that it is still October 28, 2010.  My pal Liz, Deputy Director of Food For Others, invited me to the Lake Braddock Goblin Gallop (which is a registered Fannie Mae "Help the Homeless Mini Walk")  I arrived at 9:30 and met this guy: 

Mr. Paul Agner, Lake Braddock Physical Education Department.

He said that the course was a cross country style loop containing hills and turns around the school track and athletic fields.  It was about a 1.5 mile jaunt.  
Students Approaching the Finish Line

The entire student body participated in the Gallop and were given 3 running options:
A. Cross country style run. Runners are to complete the course in less than 15 minutes.
The top 5 scores for boys and girls will count toward points for each class.
B. Costumed fun run.  The costume runners need to finish the course in less than 20 minutes.
The costumes will be awarded points for originality & creativeness.
C. Healthy habits demonstrations.  The students are to complete the course carrying posters or banners in less than 20 minutes.  Posters & banners are to be reminders of healthy habits and or good nutrition. 

Options A & B

Options A & B

Option C

The students also participated in canned food drive during the entire month of October.  The food was delivered to the Food For Others Pantry after the Goblin Gallop.
Lots o Cans of Viddles

Mr. Agner updating the goal bar graph.
Way to go gang!  
So now what you ask?  What can I possibly do with all the photos I took?  Well I will be creating REAL life drawing paper works celebrating the goodness this Goblin Gallop brought.
Costumes and Cans and Signs oh my!  I should have a few ready for Art FARE 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment