REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weighty Memories

Always & Forever by MG Stout

"In every life a little rain must fall"...My dad's stock answer to me every time I was disappointed by one of his verdicts.  I remember a time I tried to sneak some sugary cereal into our grocery cart.  Old eagle eye caught me and told me to put it back.  It'll rot your teeth he grumbled.  I stomped back to the shelf from whence it came.   Loudly I declared how he NEVER bought us anything GOOD! He continued to shop and reminded me once again how in every life a little rain must fall.  I looked at him and proclaimed in a very surly voice, "well then I've been getting poured on for years!"  Upon hearing this he burst into laughter.  I was shocked.  This was not his typical response to back-talk.  I was really confused by his cackling and started to giggle myself. 
Sometimes I wish I could transport the people I  love most back to the moment in their lives when their biggest heartache was not getting the cereal of their choice.

1 comment: