REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pint Sized Atheletes

Original photo
Commission 11x14 on Newspaper
Mounted to board so you can frame it your way







  I was commissioned to create a real life drawing style drawing for a client. Some artists and collectors freak out when they hear that I use newspaper to create artwork that is meant to become a family heirloom.  They are right when they say that it is loaded with acid and will become brittle and yellow over time.  Why would anyone want to intentionally work on a paper that isn't archival?  I choose to work on newspaper because it demonstrates the passage of time. The material, the stuff of which the painting is made has a silent voice in the piece.   

No comments:

Post a Comment