REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC

REAL Life Drawing: My Eye On Washington DC
Photo- Gessoed Hand of MG Stout holding her favorite paint while prepping paper

Thursday, September 23, 2010

PERSPECTIVES

Law with a capital "L" is defined as:  the principles set out in the Bible especially the Pentateuch, said to be the divine will. (FYI - Pentateuch means the first five books of the Bible traditionally regarded as having been written by Moses.)
Law with a lower case "l" is defined as:  the body or system of rules recognized by a community that are enforceable by established process.

Now I'm no rocket scientist but it seems to me that word law/Law has an explicit perspective, be it the Law of God or the law of man.   If justice is the act of applying or upholding the "law" how can it possibly be understood as blind?

This is what I was thinking about when I painted Equal Justice Under Law (the image seen on the top of this blog)  It is all about Justice having a particular perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment